At Quality Stone Veneer, Inc. "We Choose Safety First."
We consider our employees to be our most valuable asset. A renewed focus has been placed on safety by Quality Stone Veneer, Inc. We feel that we need to train our employees and provide the necessary tools to keep them safe. Quality Stone Veneer, Inc. encourages all of our employees to assess all situations, looking for the safest, most practical method to complete the task at hand. Our Safety and Health Program has been prepared to educate our employees on how to complete their job safely. We have developed incentives to reward our employees for practicing safety while on the job or even at home.
Below you will see the steps Quality Stone Veneer, Inc. has taken in order to promote and keep safety on the minds of our employees:
- Behavioral Based Safety Program-This program allows employees who are being safe and contributing to the Safety Slogan a chance to receive a monetary reward.
- Safety Bucket Program: This is an immediate award given to the employee who is practicing all safety policies and procedures while actively performing their responsibilities on the job and in the field. This reward is a gift certificate of monetary value, drawn from the bucket.
- Safety Slogan is given out every two weeks to all employees. The Safety Slogan is used in our Safety Moment that we have before every meeting. This Safety Moment relates to real life observations.
- Certified Safety Committee that is certified annually by the PA Bureau of WC. Our Safety Committee has monthly meetings that provide an overall update on safety and any accident investigations that have been performed.
- Quarterly Meetings with our risk control provider.
- OSHA consultant visits to our plants and jobsites so we stay current with OSHA regulations.
- 50% of our jobsites are audited every month by our safety team.
- Site Safety Plans are developed alongside the general contractor for commercial jobs where many contractors are working close together.
- Mandatory Safety Training
One of our key steps in assuring safety at Quality Stone Veneer, Inc. is having mandatory safety training for specific employees within the company. Below is a list of our mandatory training that we provide to our employees:
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- Hazard Communication
- Rough Terrain Forklift
- Power Tool/Hand Tool Safety
- General Electrical Training
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- QSV Policies and procedures
- Scaffolding Training
- Fall Arrest System
- Ladder Safety
- OSHA 30 and 10 for General Industry
- Construction-Installers required OSHA 10
- Field Managers/Foreman required OSHA 30
- Hearing Conservation
- Aerial Lift Training
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Company Installer Training for Jobsite Safety
- Accident Prevention
- Fire Prevention
Quality Stone Veneer has taken this attitude and these steps to commit to and promote safety, resulting in a safer work environment for our employees to work and grow.